BSS DPR-404 De-Esser
The DPR-404 from BSS Audio is a compact and professional 4-channel compressor and de-esser. Based on the well established BSS subtractive gain reduction principle, it offers you four independent channels of high quality, musical compression and high frequency de-essing, with the minimum of operator controls.
Attack and release time constants are automatically and continually regulated by dynamic and harmonic content of program material. The DPR-404 features electronically balanced inputs and outputs. The DPR-404 was designed to be quick and easy to operate by both skilled and novice engineers alike.
- 30dB of gain reduction using BSS proprietary subtractive approach.
- Fully adjustable soft knee ratio up to 20:1 hard limit.
- Automatic adjustment of time constants with two user definable ranges.
- Output gain adjustment control with LED clip indicator. BSS proprietary
- activity meter showing below threshold signal level, gain reduction and
- usable range.
- Bypass in/out switching with LED indicator. Independent high frequency de-
- esser threshold control and tuneable filter allows selective de-essing
- simultaneously with compression.
- Twin LEDs show de-ess activity.
- Link switching allows adjacent channels to be linked for accurate stereo
- One DPR-404 can be selected to process two stereo channels, or one stereo
- channel and two independent mono channels, or four independent mono
- Compressor side chain insert on rear panel 1/4" RTS jack.
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs with optional transformer